When it comes to CBD, there is a lot of misinformation floating around the web and social media. Many promote CBD as a cure-all for dogs without acknowledging the actual scientific proof we have about how CBD works within the bodies of dogs. For example, there is no scientific study that exists right now to prove that CBD works effectively to reduce anxiety in dogs. There is a lot of anecdotal information about this but that evidence only proves that sometimes it works to lower anxiety in dogs and sometimes it doesn’t.
With that said, there are basic pieces of information that most people don’t realize when it comes to CBD in general. I get asked all the time about CBD for dogs so I thought I’d share some of the answers I’ve routinely given to help answer common questions about CBD when it comes to dogs.
I also created a course that takes an in-depth look into how CBD works for dogs so that pet parents can make the best decisions when buying a CBD product for their dog. Click here to learn more about this course that is only $48!
7 Facts You Should Know about CBD for Dogs Before Making a Purchase
1. CBD stands for cannabidiol and is a naturally occurring cannabinoid constituent of the Cannabis sativa plant, also known as the hemp plant
2. The hemp plant contains nearly 500 unique compounds, two of the most well-known being CBD and the other being THC
3. THC is what causes a psychoactive reaction and can also kill dogs if they ingest THC. Pet parents must make sure that any hemp or CBD product they purchase for their pet contains 0.3% or less of THC
4. Different parts of the hemp plant are used to ensure that 0.3% THC is in your hemp products
5. Dogs have an endocannabinoid system but only certain receptors have been scientifically found and researchers are still figuring out how hemp, and more specifically CBD, affects these receptors
6. Not all hemp or CBD products use the same universal extraction methods. Depending on the extraction method used, product strength will vary. Other factors such as terpenes in the final product will also play a role in how the overall product affects your dog
7. Because this is a growing industry, standards are still being rolled out for products and it’s so important to do your research when choosing a product for your dog. Hemp is a
Learn About CBD for Your Dog
Don’t spend another dime guessing on what hemp product might work for your dog. Learn all about what to purchase for your dog (or clients) now!
Free Canine Wellness Course
A five-part email course to help you incorporate a holistic healthy life for your dog right at home!