Assembling the Wine Grab is pretty simple and cheap. Board members and volunteers donate 30 – 40 bottles of various wine, low to high-end reds and whites. Wrap them up with tissue, or other cute paper, and tie them with string or ribbon around the top and attach a picture of a dog the organization has saved. Guests at the event donate $25 to ‘grab’ a bottle of wine and see what they get!
Supplies: You can get most if not all of these supplies at your local Dollar Store.
1. Tissue paper or colored foil paper
2. String or ribbon
3. Pictures of dogs
4. Hole punch or hot glue gun
1. Place the tissue paper on a flat surface and put the wine bottle in the middle
Gift Card Tree
When soliciting for donations, try to get anywhere from 15 – 30 various gift cards (additional ones that won’t deter from your auction packages) ranging from $15-$40. You’ll assign each gift card to a different breed of dog and put each gift card in its own envelope labeled with the corresponding breed. Guests donate $15, pick a breed from the tree and are given the surprise gift card!
1. You’ll need to either purchase branches, like these from Amazon.com for $20.26, or if you live in a wooded area or have access to branches, pick an assortment of your own
2. For the vase, you can purchase one like this from Amazon.com for $34.99; or you can purchase a clear vase from your local Dollar Store, and if you have access to strips of bark or wide, short sticks, you can hot glue the bark or sticks to the vase for a wooded look
3. You will need some FloraCraft Dry Foam Blocks ($7.49) to stick the branches into inside the vase. You might be able to find this at your local Dollar Store as well.
4. You will need two types of paper – a thick glitter type card stock like this from Amazon.com, and white paper
5. Hot glue gun and glue stick
6. Ribbon and hole punch
7. Last, you will need a dog bone stencil. This is something easy you can print and size via a google image search, like this
1. Make the Dog Bones First
a. Take the stencil you printed out, stencil your dog bone from the glitter paper
2. If DIYing the Vase
a. Take your sticks and hot glue them to the vase
3. Assemble the Tree in the vase
a. Cut the dry foam blocks to fit inside the vase you have
Have fun and good luck with your next fundraiser!