I’m really particular when it comes to what I feed my dogs and what I will put on their bodies. Many commercial flea and tick sprays or drops are packed with harmful chemicals that I don’t want on my pups as they can cause adverse reactions and skin problems. This flea and tick spray contains all natural ingredients and protects pups from nasty bugs. I spray it generously all over my dogs, avoiding their eyes, especially when we are in wooded areas like taking hikes in Wisconsin. I also spray it before and after they’ve gone swimming.
2 organic rosemary sprigs
1/2 a lemon
1/2 a cup of organic apple cider vinegar
1 pint of water for boiling
1/2 cup of water
1 empty spray bottle
Optional: 1-3 drops of high quality lavender and peppermint oil depending on the size of your dog. 1 drop for small dogs, 2 for medium, 3 for large dogs.
Rosemary is a naturally woody type of herb that deters bugs. Lemon, apple cider vinegar and peppermint are tart and acidic which bugs hate while lavender prevents infestations and is good for skin. Between this spray and my dogs’ heartworm preventative, they are safe from bugs all year round!
1. Bring the pint of water to a boil
2. Once boiling, add the rosemary sprigs and lemon juice into the boiling water
3. Continue to boil together for 30 minutes. Set aside to cool
4. Combine equal parts rosemary/lemon water, apple cider vinegar and water together in the spray bottle. Depending on the size of your spray bottle, you will need a little more or less of each liquid part
5. Shake up and spray generously on your dog for protection! Keep in the refrigerator for added freshness